AND SO IT BEGINS proof competition
Our competition to win one of ten proof copies of AND SO IT BEGINS has now closed. Congratulations to our winners!
Posted on July 31, 2018 in Competition
Tags: And So It Begins, Rachel Abbott, competition
AND SO IT BEGINS is a darkly compulsive psychological thriller with all the hallmarks of a Rachel Abbott bestseller – a provocative dilemma, richly-layered mystery, knife-edge tension, and brilliant characterization.
Our proof competition has now closed – congratulations to Lindsey, Sinead, Mark, Holly, Lorna, Karen, Terri, Susan, Nicky and Carole.
If you would like to become one of Rachel Abbott’s Partners in Crime click here.
WHO WILL BELIEVE YOUR STORY IF THE ONLY WITNESS IS DEAD?
Cleo knows she should be happy for her brother Mark. He’s managed to find someone new after the sudden death of his first wife – but something about Evie just doesn’t feel right…
When Evie starts having accidents at home, her friends grow concerned. Could Mark be causing her injuries? Called out to their cliff-top house one night, Sergeant Stephanie King finds two bodies entangled on blood-drenched sheets.
Where does murder begin? When the knife is raised to strike, or before, at the first thought of violence? As the accused stands trial, the jury is forced to consider – is there ever a proper defence for murder?
Pre-order now: https://amzn.to/2mJ67e3
Terms & Conditions:
- This is a prize draw for 10 proof copies of Rachel Abbott’s AND SO IT BEGINS. To enter, please complete the entry form on the Crime Files website.
- The winners will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of the Crime Files team, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize draw opens at 12:01 am BST on Wednesday 1st August 2018 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on Sunday 2nd September 2018. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The winners’ name will be published on the Crime Files Facebook page on w/c 3rd September 2018. The winners may see their names posted on the Company’s (see below) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a Winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.headline.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page. It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize(s). [The company will need to provide the Winner’s address and other relevant information to its distributor Bookpoint Limited to enable the prize(s) to be sent.]
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice (https://www.headline.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page) to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notice(s) to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/assets/HachetteGroup/GDPR/HachetteUKGroupCompanies.pdf
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Headline Publishing Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.